Hungate Cottages..... ideally located
close enough to the centre of town to have the full range
of local amenities within walking distance whilst still
being in a quiet enough area to retain the countryside
feel. Likewise the town of Pickering is situated on the
edge of the Yorkshire Moors but close enough to the East
Coast, York, Castle Howard and many other great attractions to offer a huge range of activities and days out
all within easy travelling distance. North Yorkshire
is a wonderful holiday destination and will endear the
- Quiet peaceful, very comfortable cottages,
all centrally heated and beautifully furnished. Each
cottage is well-equipped and maintained with an eye
to detail by its own housekeeper. Most have log fires
and are set in colourful gardens. Click here or on the image below to see our wonderful gardens and some special treats available to Hungate guests.
- You will not need a car to go shopping
or to dine out (the excellent shops, restaurants
and Inns in Pickering are just 4 minutes walk away).
Also by foot you can reach the steam railway which
starts at Pickering station, the Royal Castle, the
Beck Isle Museum and the famous wall paintings in
- You are just a short drive away from
Yorkshire's finest sights..
- Prices include heating, electricity
and logs, full linen, towels and tea towels and cancellation
insurance. Many cottages have two or more bath/shower
rooms - providing more privacy
- Free swimming in Pickering's superb
pool, just 3 minutes walk away
- Free access to the magnificent Dalby Forest for walking, cycling and Go Ape!
- For guests staying a week or more, free access to the wonderful Eden Camp Modern History Theme Museum in nearby Malton.
- Pets are welcome year round in Saltersgate, Ellerbeck, The Carrs, Hungate Garden Cottage, Lockton, Levisham and Bransdale at £25 per week per pet.
- Playground and Wendy house for younger
- Facilities for the disabled in Hungate
- Hungate is open all year round for
short breaks and weekly holidays.
People who care
Hungate is a family run business and
is thus maintained with the care and attention to
detail that you would expect from a homeowner. Each
cottage is the responsibility of a housekeeper who
takes pride in it as if it were her own home and
the whole site is supervised by our managers
whose office is on site.